Top 10 Facts About the Number 10
For many people, the number 10 plays a huge role in their lives — just ask footballing legends like Lionel Messi or Diego Maradona who have worn the number 10 on their jerseys for most of their careers. Ever wonder what are some interesting trivia about the number 10? We've laid down some of our favourites below:
- 10% of the world is left-handed
- The British Prime Minister lives at No. 10, Downing Street
- The Ten Commandments are crucial to Judaism and Christianity
- The word 'decimate' comes from the number 10. It means ‘to reduce by a tenth’
- Neon has the atomic number of 10
- The traditional 10th anniversary gift is tin, while the modern gift is diamonds 💎 — clear proof of inflation
- The Roman numeral for ten is X, which looks like two Vs (the Roman numeral for 5] put together
- Pythagoras considered 10 to be the most sacred number, since 1+2+3+4 = 10. These numbers represent existence (1), creation (2), life (3), and the four elements (4): earth 🌎, air 🌬️, fire 🔥, and, water 🌊
- There are 10 vowels in the Korean alphabet, Hangeul
- 10 seconds determines a 'knockout' in boxing 🥊
Now that you've learned 10 interesting facts, here's another interesting thing that's happening now: our 10.10 Madness Sale has begun! Starting from 1st Oct – 15th Oct 2020, enjoy discounts on IT gadgets, groceries, health & beauty, and more! We're also offering 10.10 Special Coupons that are available for 3 DAYS ONLY from 9th Oct – 11th Oct 2020.
Besides that, enjoy our Find The Coin game throughout the entire month of October. All you have to do is guess the correct cup that has the coin to win PrestoPay Credits. The more levels you complete, the more PrestoPay Credits you win!
Download Presto App now: