Fascinating November Facts
It has been a weird year so far, isn't it? Here's hoping November will be a good month for all of us! 🙌 Here are some things that are fascinating about November:
- November was the ninth month of the ancient Roman calendar and its' name originated from the Latin "novem", which means "nine." 📅
- The idea of Movember or No-Shave November was conceived by a group of young men in Australia as a way to raise awareness of men's health issues like prostate cancer by growing out their mustache or beard during the entire month. 🧔
- Singles' Day is an unofficial Chinese shopping day that is held on 11th November to celebrate bachelors. This date was chosen because the number "1" resembles a "bare stick", which is Chinese internet lingo for single men. This date has since become one of the biggest shopping days in the world. 🛍
- World Diabetes Day is an annual global awareness campaign day for diabetes that is held on 14th November. This date was chosen since it's the birthday of Sir Frederick Banting, who co-discovered insulin with Charles Best in 1922. 👨⚕️
- Fibonacci Day is held on 23rd November to celebrate the famous mathematician, Leonardo Fibonacci. When the date is written in the month/day format (11/23), it forms a Fibonacci sequence: 1, 1, 2, 3. This sequence is a series of numbers where each number is the total of the two numbers preceding it (1 + 1 = 2; 1 + 2 = 3). 🤯
The Madness Continues with more discounts on your favourite IT gadgets, groceries, health & beauty products, and more! Shop now before it's too late!
Besides that, remember that you can collect and redeem BonusLink Points at PrestoMall! You can redeem special gifts with a minimum of 100 BonusLink Points.
Download Presto App now: